San Jose Photographer | Project 52

This year I am committing myself to practicing and improving my photography skills with a Project 52. This means I have a theme I will be capturing each week outside of my scheduled sessions with clients where I can be creative, make mistakes and improvements, and hone in my style as a photographer. Themes range from technical (bokeh, rule of thirds, framing) to emotional (motherhood, fatherhood, love), all of which will translate to the work I do with familes, couples, children, and seniors!

The first and last week are self-portraits so here is my first Project 52 photo! 

This took a lot longer than planned to get a shot where my face, hair, and camera focus all cooperated, but I'm glad I did it. I don't get a lot of pictures of myself because I am usually behind the camera. My daughter was also playing in the room and was excited to join in so, bonus shots!




I don't plan on changing my physical appearance dramatically, but I hope to feel more confident and accomplished inside so we will see if that translates in my last photo of 2018!

What projects or resolutions are you taking on this year? How are you planning to keep on track and motivated? Let's help each other out!

Comments

  1. I love this. I would like to do this too. Where do I find out about it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I found this one from Everyday Eyecandy from last year and made a few tweaks to sync with holiday theme timing for 2018 and made a couple switches for things I wanted to include. :)
      https://everydayeyecandy.com/project-52-2017/

      Delete
  2. I'm doing the 52 week challenge too. Love your bonus shots :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts